This policy applies to the processing of your details by Bavet, which may or may not be available on our website at https://www.bavet.eu
2. Who is responsible for processing your data?
We (Bavet) are. We are the so-called 'data controller' to use a difficult term. This means that we determine the purpose and means of processing and guarantee the lawful and correct processing of your data. Our Belgian entity (BV HEB) is responsible for the data processing with regard to our Belgian restaurants / pick-up points and delivery in Belgium. Our Dutch entity (BV NHEB) is responsible for the data processing with regard to our Dutch restaurants / pick-up points and delivery in the Netherlands. The companies that process your data through the ordering platforms are also responsible for the processing of your data.
3. How can you contact us?
Legal form: BV
Company name: HEB
Trade name / trade mark: ‘Bavet’
Registered office: Heidestraat 9
9820 Merelbeke (Belgium)
Company number (BCE): 0597.747.850
- The Netherlands:
Legal form: BV
Company name: NHEB
Trade name / trade mark: ‘Bavet’
Registered office: Markt 7
6211 CH Maastricht (The Netherlands)
Company number (KvK): 76846225
- Contact details:
Hyperlink website: https://www.bavet.eu/
4. What data do we process about you and how?
4.1. Bavet processes the following data:
- your personal identification details: surname, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- if you are a company: name of the company, registered office and company number;
- your financial details: bank account number and/or other payment details;
- electronic identification and location information when you visit our website: device information, browser, operating system, IP addresses, cookies, log file data, external websites that have referred you, pages you visited on the website (and date and time);
- personal characteristics if needed (e.g. for personalised cards with orders): e.g. age, date of birth and gender.
4.2. Bavet may receive your details either directly from you, e.g. because you provide them when ordering online on the website, or indirectly through third parties (e.g. through the ordering platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Deliverect with which we collaborate).
Bavet may receive and process your personal data in the context of the contract with you, when you place an order or have a delivery carried out, when you contact Bavet for information (by telephone, in writing or through the website), or by cookies on our website.
Bavet may also receive your details from third parties, e.g. the ordering platforms (whether or not as data processor on behalf of Bavet) or affiliated companies of Bavet.
5. Why and on what basis do we process your data?
5.1. Bavet processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer management:
We process your personal data in order to contact you, handle any questions you may have and provide you with the necessary information about our products (Bavet dishes), our services, special offers, discounts, our website or other information related to our activities.
We also process your personal data for the management of our customer records, the execution and follow-up of orders, deliveries, collections, payments, administration, invoicing and accounting.
We process your data in the context of the execution of the contract with you as our customer (i.e. selling our Bavet dishes and/or other products to you online or through our pick-up points).
The processing of your data for these purposes is necessary for the preparation and execution of the contract.
If you do not provide us with certain details, such as your identification details or financial details, which we require for the purposes of the contract, either directly or through the ordering platforms we work with, we will not be able to serve you, or process or execute your order(s).
We may process your data in order to optimise sales and our products and services. For example, Bavet may contact you to place a review on our website. This can be done on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Direct marketing:
Your data may be used for direct marketing. This means sending information via our newsletter or other means about our products and services or other information that could be interesting or useful to you.
If you are a customer, this can be done on the basis of our legitimate interests. If you are not a customer, we need your prior consent (e.g. by registering on our website). Your consent is free and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Ensuring the optimal functioning of our website:
When you visit or consult the website, we may process certain electronic data, such as cookies and IP address (see article 4.1 above). Cookies facilitate interaction between you as a visitor and our website and are used to improve the user experience and to collect statistics among visitors to our website. Cookies also ensure that your personal settings and preferences are stored or that audio and video material can be played back. Certain cookies may be placed by a third party, e.g. Google Analytics, to measure the use of our website.
- The transfer to our partners, service providers (e.g. the ordering platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Deliverect with which we collaborate), suppliers and/or other contracting parties of Bavet for the execution of the foregoing.
- Compliance with applicable laws.
5.2. The processing of your data, whether or not on or through the website, is not done for the purposes of 'automated individual decision-making' or profiling.
6. Who else receives or processes your data (besides Bavet)?
6.1. Your data are also primarily processed by our partners, service providers or suppliers in the context of the online sale of our products, such as the ordering platforms and delivery services (e.g. Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Deliverect) with which we collaborate. Furthermore, our website administrators, IT partners and network operators may also process your data in connection with your visit and use of our website. Companies that provide payment services, marketing services or analytical services to Bavet may also process your data in this context.
6.2. Finally, other companies may also process your data in the context of our activities, such as our bookkeepers, accountants, auditors, insurance brokers, insurance companies, legal advisors or other service providers.
6.3. We are not responsible for the processing of your data by third parties who do not do this on behalf of Bavet, but are themselves responsible for this (e.g. the ordering platforms we work with).
6.4. Bavet may be obliged to provide or process your details on the basis of a legal obligation incumbent upon it and/or in response to a request to this effect from supervisory authorities or government agencies.
7. How long do we keep your data?
7.1. We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in article 5 above, unless special legal provisions apply to their retention or processing.
7.2. For example, we will retain your data for the purposes of online sales or sales through our collection points for a maximum of 10 years after the (last) order or delivery (this is the limitation period for contractual claims). Other time limits apply for certain other data. For example, we will keep certain social security documents relating to staff for five years and certain accounting and tax documents for seven years. We will retain data of job applicants for up to three years after their application, unless we need the data to defend ourselves against possible claims (e.g. concerning discrimination in the recruitment process) in which case we may keep the data for up to five years.
Certain other data may also be subject to specific legal retention periods. In any case, the principle applies here that we do not keep your data longer than necessary.
8. What are your rights?
8.2. You have the right to ask us for:
- access to your data.
You can get one copy of the requested information free of charge. If you request additional copies, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative cost.
- rectification of your data (if necessary);
- deletion of your personal data if:
- the processing of those data is no longer necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were processed by us;
- you have withdrawn a previously given consent;
- you object to our processing;
- the personal data may have been processed unlawfully by us;
- this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
- the personal data may have been processed in connection with the provision of online services to children.
- limitation of the processing that relates to you.
You have the right to obtain a limitation of the processing if:
- you dispute the accuracy of the data at our disposal;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of the personal data and instead request the restriction of their use;
- we no longer need those data whereas you still need them for the institution, exercise or substantiation of legal claims; or
- pending an answer to the question of whether Bavet's legitimate grounds outweigh yours or your (privacy) rights if you have objected to the processing on the grounds of our legitimate interest.
8.3. You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
8.4. You have the right to portability of your data (to another data controller). This is only possible if the processing by us is based on your consent or if the processing is carried out using automated processes.
8.5. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
8.7. The exercise of your rights as set out above is always subject to the requirements and conditions set out in the applicable law (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (the 'GDPR')).